Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It's been a while...

...since I've had anything to write about the time to write about life.

Shortly after my last post (promising to post more, I know, I know), things blew up around here. Between the middle of April to the middle of May, several ER trips were taken for our foster daughter, ultimately ending with her leaving us. That was a challenge. Plus, school came to the end of the semester, I got a THIRD job and life kept moving on. But, I thought I had survived it. Turns out I was just going through the motions. Between stress headaches, very complex migraines (think micro-seizures in my brain stem and you won't want any more details), vitamin deficiencies, and the list goes on, my body and mind went into survival mode and it wasn't pretty.

Well, not a whole lot has settled down, but it's organized somewhat manageable chaos. Now, I'm forcing myself to spend more time figuring out who I am and what the hell I'm doing with my life. I'm sick of waking up in the morning and groaning at the realization that my life hasn't been a bad dream. My life has been a roller coaster, but it hasn't been all awful and I've decided to pick out the positives in life.

I love my coworkers -- and you'll probably hear about them frequently, but I'll change their names so there's no issue with them finding out I'm talking about them. Ha! I STILL love cooking, and I'm doing a lot more of it. Later today or tomorrow, I'll post a little bit about school and a couple pics of what I cooked up around here the past week or so.

Catch ya later,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment